Peter’s short fiction and poetry have appeared in Asimov’s Science Fiction, The New Quarterly and Best Canadian Poetry, and his work was selected for Imaginarium: Best Canadian Speculative Writing three years in a row.
His microfiction project, The Shortest Story, features weekly short stories sent as postcards from strange worlds that parallel our own.
His narrative non-fiction for WE Charity has appeared in the Seattle Times, Chicago Herald, Ottawa Citizen, Vancouver Sun, Calgary Herald and other papers across North America.
He is available for writing and editorial work at p.chiykowski (at) gmail.com.
Select publications include:
- The Shortest Story, forthcoming from ChiZine Publications (2018)
- “Half-Cat” in Gods, Memes and Monsters 2016
- “Turing Tests” and “A Charm for Communing with Dead Pets During Surgery” in Imaginarium 3: The Best Canadian Speculative Writing
- “A Spell for Rebuilding Your Lover Out of Snow” in Strange Horizons (February 2014)
- “A Charm for Communing with Dead Pets During Surgery” and “Incommunicable Diseases” in Hamilton Arts and Letters 6.1 and 6.2
- “Turing Tests” and “Three Charms for Recovering Lost Data” in Asimov’s Science Fiction (July 2013 and August 2013)
- “A Spell for Scrying Mirror Gremlins” in Imaginarium 2013: The Best Canadian Speculative Writing
- “The Mouths of Oracles” and “Three Charms for Protection from your Horoscope” in The New Quarterly #126
- “Cooking for the Dead” and “A Spell for Scrying Mirror Gremlins” in The Chiaroscuro
- “Breathing Bones” and “The Cinder Girl” reprinted in Imaginarium 2012: The Best Canadian Speculative Writing
- “Notes from the Canary Island” reprinted in Best Canadian Poetry in English (2011)
- “The Cinder Girl” in In the Garden of the Crow
- “Fossil Record” in PRISM #50.1
- “Shine” in The New Quarterly #118
- “Transverse Love” in On Spec #84
- “Then Cried Arthur” in Fantastique Unfettered #2
- “Breathing Bones” in Basement Stories
- “Notes from the Canary Islands,” “From the Tarmac Above the Ash Cloud,” “Of Fences” and “Beyond Summerside” in Grain #37.4